When it comes to tax issues, it is understandable to feel overwhelmed and uncertain about the steps you need to take next. However, you do not have to tackle these complex problems on your own. By enlisting the help of a skilled tax attorney in Northern Virginia, you can receive the guidance you need to navigate tax preparation, manage your finances, and address any tax-related challenges.
What Exactly Does a Tax Attorney Do in Northern Virginia?
A tax attorney is usually a legal professional that advises clients about what they should do to get favorable tax treatment in a variety of situations. These lawyers are knowledgeable about tax regulations, laws, and policies and, as a result, are also known to provide the following services:
- Draft contracts and other legal documents for a client
- Represent clients in tax court or other areas
- Help clients comply with tax rules
- Provide advice on investments and retirement planning, property acquisitions, business transactions, and estate transfers
- Try to minimize the risk of a potential tax audit
How Can a Tax Attorney Help You Save Money in Northern Virginia?
Due to their knowledge of tax laws and experience handling complicated tax legal issues, tax attorneys can assist you in not only saving money and lowering business taxes but they can also:
- Help you select an appropriate accounting method that can assist you in reducing your taxes as much as possible
- Provide advice on how you can save money based on the current tax regulations
- Review your risk levels, which could help you benefit from certain deductions
However, if you want to know more about how a Northern Virginia tax attorney can help you save money, contact a tax legal professional today. These lawyers can figure out what actions you should take next and assist you through each step from start to finish.
A Tax Attorney Can Protect a Client’s Rights
In addition to helping you save money, a tax attorney can also protect your legal rights and even negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on your behalf. These lawyers are not only well qualified to act as your go-between with the IRS, but they can also assist you in the following:
- Settling back taxes
- Challenge IRS rulings
- Stopping wage garnishments
- Negotiating compromises with the IRS
- Undoing property liens
If an IRS agent has been assigned to your case, this usually means that the IRS will be taking action against you. Consider reaching out to a skilled tax attorney as soon as possible.
Contact Ardent Guardian To Go Over Your Tax Legal Options
Tax law can get complicated, and the slightest error can impact the amount of money you owe at the end of the year. Fortunately, when you work with a Northern Virginia tax attorney, you will not have to take on these tax issues alone.
For further information about how our legal team can help you, contact Ardent Guardian today and get the answers you need.